RECRUIT, RETAIN AND REWARD YOUR BEST PEOPLE
An Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) scheme, offering share ownership is a simple and effective way to recruit, retain and reward key employees.START FREE ELIGIBILITY CHECK
What are the benefits?
Give your team members a sense of real ownership Create a shared sense of purpose and alignment by sharing in the growth of the business
Attract and retain a winning team Choose when your employees can exercise their share options to suit your growth strategy
Lock valued employees into your business An employee's share options will usually lapse if they leave the company
Keep hold of working capital Future share rewards save you having to pay now for cash benefits
Incentivise your employees Issuing shares to employees can act as an excellent incentive to contribute to the growth of your company
Reward past loyalty before a sale If you sell your business, as EMI ensures those who contributed to its value share the proceeds
Let employees acquire shares in a tax effective way When employees sell their shares they pay only capital gains tax (potentially at entrepreneurs relief rate of 10%) rather than income tax
IS MY COMPANY ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for an EMI scheme, the conditions are that your company must:
- Not be under the control of another company
- Have fewer than 250 employees (or their full time equivalents)
- Have gross assets of less than £30million
- Not work within ‘excluded activities’ (which includes banking, provision of financial services, property development)
WHAT WE OFFER
You can benefit from our EMI Digital service conveniently online. It's quick and easy to create an EMI plan, using our online tool that takes you through a series of multiple choice questions which develops the suite of EMI documents tailored to your business.
- Is quick and easy to use with two simple steps, a free eligibility check and an application form.
- Gives you easy-to-follow guidance on how to implement a share scheme.
- Sends you automated reminders to help you implement the scheme (coming soon).
- Provides you with ready-to-use EMI plan documentation tailored to your business, prepared in line with EMI legislation.
- Employee participants can exercise their share options only at an ‘Exit’ event such as the sales or listing of a company.
- EMI options will lapse in the event of a participant leaving the company, unless this is due to death, redundancy, injury, illness, disability or retirement.
- The plans are available only to Private Limited Companies registered in England and Wales.
- Our EMI Digital service doesn’t include a valuation of the company; instead we will provide guidance on how to do this or offer it as an additional service.